28 March 2010

Too Fast

The weekend has flown by. I worked in the lab allllll day saturday, followed by dinner with a friend and her family. Today was lab again (where I learned my saturday experiment did not turn out the way it should have, boo), shopping for spring clothes, groceries, weekly phone call with dad, scraping together dinner, and now it is 9:30 on sunday night. Of course the worst part of the hurried weekend was that I did not bake at all. No cakes, no bread, no muffins, no cookies. Whatever will I eat for breakfast all week?

The tulips I was so excited about on friday have already started to droop. I love spring here, it is the only time I find this city remotely appealing in and of itself. There are so many flowering trees, painted more shades of pale pink and green than I knew were possible. When the wind blows, the petals swirl down to the ground like snow (real snow, not Alabama snow). They're already starting to fade and drop. I forgot until tonight that this is probably my last spring here, and it's come and gone so fast.




No comments: