12 September 2010

I wish I had a better camera

So I could take pictures of this delicious and beautiful soup! I followed the recipe pretty closely (for once), adding an extra jalepeno, using regular soy sauce and a splash of fish sauce instead of tamari, an extra teaspoon of curry paste and an extra sprinkle of garam masala. It's super tasty, a little sweet from the squash, creamy from the coconut milk, and has lip-tingling spice offset by cilantro-mint pesto.

It's also the prettiest shade of light orange, with little beads of red from the curry paste and a dark green swirl of pesto. If I only had a camera other than my 3 MP piece of crap from 2003, I would share with the internet. For graduation I am buying myself a new camera.
For tonight, I am eating my soup!

1 comment:

Keri said...

it is beautiful!
also, i share most things with internet through pics taken with my phone, because i NEVER have a camera with me at the right time.

but i am stoopid like that. you might do better.