02 March 2011

100 books-february update

My reading quest continues! I am slightly off pace, but February was a short month.

16. The Wordy Shipmates Sarah Vowell
15. The Warmth of Other Suns: The epic story of America's great Migration, Isabelle Wilkerson
14. Little Bee Chris Cleave
13 Fool Christopher Moore
12. A Dirty Job Christopher Moore Funny, funny, funny. I love Christopher Moore. He's biting and irreverent and bawdy, but still treats his characters with a deep tenderness. There are two of his best, I think
10. Lolita Vladimir Nabakov An interesting book. Certainly a disturbing subject told by a monstrous and unreliable narrator who stays just a few steps away from being likable. A hard book to read-of course in terms of subject, but also a very high reading level. I can't remember the last time I had to look up words while reading a novel. An engaging story and exquisite use of language, which I'm always a sucker for.
9. Super Sad True Love Story Gary Shteyngart


Previously:
8. The Swan Thieves, Elizabeth Kostova.
7.Year of the Flood, Margaret Atwood.
6. Faithful Place, Tana French.
5. The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People who Read them, Elif Batuman.
4. Purgatorio, Dante Alighieri.
3. The Scarpetta Factor, Patricia Cornwell.
2. Bite Me, Christopher Moore.
1. Devil in the White City Eric Larson.

No comments: