02 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Christmas and the holidays have come and gone. I made an uneventful and wonderful trip to Ohio for Christmas. Got to see family and snow, ate way too much. It was a literary and culinary christmas for me, as my presents were almost all books or cooking gear. Wouldn't have it any other way. I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, which was wonderful.
Now I'm back in my southern home, which is way colder than I would prefer. A nasty sinus infection kept me from doing much celebrating for the new year, but I enjoyed taking nyqil and falling asleep by 10

2010 is an interesting year, or I hope it will be. Barring disaster, I should graduate this year, and I will probably be leaving birmingham if not by the end of the year, then early in 2011. And so instead of feeling the eager newness of the year, it feels like a slow unraveling, the beginning of an ending. It is strange to look at the next twelve months knowing the changes that will occur, and seeing how much I have to do to make sure that end up in the best possible position. They should be good changes, but it's still a little overwhelming. And as eager as I am to leave Birmingham, it is still the place I have called home for the past five years. I'll be leaving behind friends and memories, and that is bittersweet.
So here's to a new year-may it be an adventure:)

No comments: