13 June 2011

lovely weekend

This weekend was extra amazing, because my dear Edie came to visit me! We had lots of fun eating, drinking wine, exploring Rhode Island, and drinking more wine.
Saturday started with pancakes and bacon for breakfast!

Followed by coffee and shopping on Thayer, where we bought these spectacular, genuine diamond friendship rings for five whole dollars. Guess who broke hers within three hours?




We went to Federal Hill for delicious Italian food and wine, including a baked goat cheese and san marzano tomato appetizer that was among the best things I have ever eaten. This is a crappy picture, but Federal Hill is super pretty

Post-wine portrait

On Sunday, we went down to the Bay, stopping off at Greenvale Vineyards.

What a hideous place to spend an afternoon.




Next onto Newport, where we walked along the cliffs, and then sadly I dropped Edie off at her conference.




It was such a fun weekend-I loved having a visitor to explore my new home with! I'm a little sad to go back to normal life again. Luckily, Edie and I may have time to rendezvous for lunch on friday before she heads back to alabama, so there may be more adventures to come!

No comments: