07 November 2009

Le blog, encore une fois

I had a very good day. I'm drowsy from sitting in the sun with a beer outside a football stadium tailgating with friends for hours and hours. I won't miss many things about the deep south, but gorgeous 70 degree days under golden leaves in November is definitely one of them.

Now the air has cooled, and I am sitting in my recliner, wrapped in my handmade blankets, anxious cats on my lap, both frightened by a stray outside. I am thinking about how I am happy with my life today. I have thought about myself more than usual this week, and this is what I have learned: For all the sorrow thus far, I am remarkably whole. My capacity to love is great and undiminished. I am almost a doctor. I am still shy and guarded, more so than I want to be, but the challenge of overcoming that is almost exciting. Or maybe being at a point in life where my biggest problem is shyness is exciting. I am loved by amazing people, friendships that are standing strong through tests of time and distance. I am brave: I moved away from everything I knew and built a new life from scratch. I had no idea the courage that takes, the courage it gives you. In a year I'm going to do it again and I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!