03 January 2011

In Which the P.Sister Book Club compares Ke$ha to Dante

The PSBC is about 1/3 of the way through our Devil and God reading list. We've gotten derailed several times-dissertations, moving, trips to france (Guess which one wasn't me!). But we're back on track and currently reading Dante's Purgatorio. Today's discussion:

Elizabeth: so
am I just not reading closely enough to notice the torture
Elizabeth: or is it just literally like,
you have to climb to redeem yourself.
me: well
to continue your thought
I think it is a sort of metaphysical mind over matter
in that
once you know you are saved and headed towards god
the pain and suffering don't really matter
me: sort of like how an addict will walk through fire for a hit of coke
Elizabeth: I suppose you're right.
Elizabeth: Jesus is your drug?
me: your love is my drug
is a song
about god
Elizabeth: Ke$ha is a prophet
I always said.
me: Ke$ha is the dante of our time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clearly, I saw this back in october. that was exactly why i selected ke$ha as my halloween costume - her virtue and inspiration. not because it was a free pass to wear sequined hotpants.