10 January 2011

New Apartment

Life here is good but busy! I started work a week ago, and am loving the new job so far. It is very, very different than my old job, in good ways. My scientific adventures have been thus far limited to safety training, observing the rest of the lab at their set-ups, wandering through the Ivy League's University of Phoenix Online-level bureaucracy, installing stuff and cleaning up my rig and finding creative ways to break electrodes before they make it into my slices. Better luck tomorrow?

So even though I put these on a facebook a while ago, I realized I hadn't posted any pictures here of my new apartment. Which is silly because I LOVE my apartment, even though large parts of it are unfurnished and will continue to be that way for the next few months.


My Bedroom: identical to all of my previous bedrooms. Little but cozy! I love it.


The Office: The last room with unpacked boxes. Wah.


The third bedroom will be a guest room,someday. Currently, it is the cats' room.


Living Room, complete with sunny bay windows! Eventually, I will replace the pile of boxes with a TV, restain the tv stand and endtable, move the ugly chair into the office, paint the walls and buy curtains and real furniture. For now, I spend most of my free time curled up here with a book


Books: arranged by color. naturally. The dning room will also be painted and curtained, and the dining room table (not visible, currently covered in junk) will be refinished or painted.




The kitchen has kindof a stupid layout, with a big empty kitchen proper with a stove, fridge, and rolling dishwasher, and then a little pantry with cabinets and counters and a sink. It's not super efficient but that said I love having all the space and more than 18 square inches of counters. I'll probably get a little island for the kitchen which will give me a place to chop and prep things closer to the stove.




Last by not least, my balcony, currently snow covered...one more thing that makes me look forward to spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Abby I love it! so adorable. Love the warmth of the floors particularly. Hope you're doing well up there (and staying warm). hugs, c

Keri said...

gorgeous!
good work!